Tuesday, May 21, 2013

2nd Edition: Why Great Leaders Don't Take Yes for an Answer

I am very pleased to announce the publication of the 2nd edition of Why Great Leaders Don't Take Yes for an Answer.   I published the original edition of this book 8 years ago, and since that time, I've continued to conduct research and teach about how leaders and teams make decisions. Throughout the book, I have included more current examples, as well as the findings from recent research.   The book begins with a terrific example of leadership from Alan Mulally of Ford Motor Company.  It also features a new chapter on how to become a more effective devil's advocate.  In the 1st edition, I wrote about the potential benefits of devil's advocacy.   However, I've seen many firms struggle as people did not employ this technique effectively.  This chapter offers some advice as to how to play the role of devil's advocate in a constructive manner. 


No comments: